Sunday, April 8, 2012

Unforgettable Easter


What a wonderful Easter we had. We hope your Easter was great too! On Thursday, we had an Easter party at my parent's house and enjoyed talking and eating and watching the children hunt for Easter eggs in the backyard.

My Dad loved seeing everyone. On Saturday night my Dad finally made it back to his heavenly home and that is something we are so happy about. My Sister, Sharon, and I were able to spend Saturday with him and that is something I know that we will always remember and be grateful for. The time that we were able to spend with him, especially on that day, will always be priceless to me.



The other wonderful thing that happened on Easter weekend that I will always remember is that Matthew's missionary paperwork was submitted to Salt Lake City and he will be getting his missionary call sometime in the next two weeks. What an exciting time! I know exactly where my Dad is, I'm not sure where Matt will be called, but I am so proud and excited for both of them. Happy Easter!

5 comments:

Jenny Knudsen said...

YEA Matt!!! I heart you Susan :) I know your Dad is happy and getting to work. Let me know if you need anything!

nate and amy crandell said...

How exciting for Matt and your family! So sorry to hear about your Dad, but I'm glad he's in a better place :)

Heather said...

I'm glad you were able to have one last big get together before your Dad went! Can't wait to hear about Matt's call! How exciting!

Crissie said...

I hadn't heard about your Dad until Janae mentioned it today. You must miss him terribly. But I'm sure that at the same time you are happy for him. What a blessing to spend so much time with him during his last days. Rose said that you won't be home enough for us to bring meals, but if there's anything else that we can help out with, we are there! Anything at all. Just let me know. Congrats to Matt! You must be so proud!

mama bear said...

Sorry to hear about your dad, but as we well know, death is simply the 'next step' and he is now that much ahead of us. So happy for Matt and his mission plans--will be looking to hear where he'll be going