Here is Sarah getting ready to drive us to the Reid Park Zoo in Tucson. If you enjoyed all of the rain we received this winter we will let you in on a little secret. It rained soooooo much because the window in our suburban is broken and depending on whether you are an optimist or a pessimist it is stuck half way up or half way down. We think that is why we have had such a wet winter, but because we are always happy to do our part in helping with the Arizona drought we haven't fixed it yet.
Sarah says that the broken window just gives her an excuse to turn the radio up louder. Way to make lemonade out of lemons Sarah.
This is Kaylee settling in for the 2 hour ride while enjoying a QT slush.
Paige grabbed one of her favorite snacks out of the pantry before we left.
Matt picked a blue slush.
And here I am as the co-pilot to Sarah.
When we got to Tucson at noon, we stopped to eat at Kaylee's favorite place.
Then, we got right down to the business of seeing animals. Why do we travel all the way to Tucson to go to the zoo? Because it is better! You can actually see the animals up close and personal and the admission is waaaaay cheaper than the Phoenix Zoo. We don't even believe that the Phoenix Zoo has real animals. Our theory is that they just import animal urine and sprinkle it around so that you will smell it and think they have animals. Think about it, how many animals have you ever really seen at the Phoenix Zoo?
These last 2 birds just might be better than our chickens. Are these some cool looking birds or what? Don't tell Matt I just said that.
Here is Sarah actually feeding a giraffe and she didn't even pay extra money to do it. She just picked some grass and the giraffe ate it. Have you ever done that at the Phoenix Zoo people? We didn't think so.
Paige and Kaylee took turns sitting on this elephant statue.
This tiger was alive, honest.
Even though Sarah and Matt are too cool to go skating with us they were happy to go to the zoo. Well, maybe not Matt or maybe that is his happy face.
I guess I spoke too soon because my face isn't looking too happy either.
There, that's better.
Kaylee had fun posing in this front end loader.
Here is Sarah making a sad face after she got stepped on by Matt and lost part of her toenail. Paige comforted her by saying "who wears flip flops to the zoo anyway?" Yes, Paige is almost old enough to enter the Young Women's Program in case you were wondering.
Too bad we can't see Matt's face in this picture because he was smiling when he found this gem. It is quite possibly the smallest dinosaur in the world.
One of the very best things about the Tucson Zoo is that they sell big animal posters that you can color for only 25 cents. When is the last time that you bought a souvenir for 25 cents? Never at the Phoenix Zoo. As you can tell, we might be a little bitter toward the Phoenix Zoo.
Here is Matt getting ready to drive us home from Tucson. This broken window is really working out in our favor because not only have we received lots of rain but it has been a whole month for us to really think about if we want to buy a convertible when we get rich and famous. Sarah and I are pretty sure that we don't want a convertible even if we could afford it. We had a lot of fun, but never as much fun as skating. I forgot to tell you in yesterday's post, in case you were wondering, that Richard does not enjoy skating nearly as much as I do. In fact, he refers to Skateland as "the pit of abomination." He really doesn't know what he is missing.
The best part of the day was that Matt got us home by 5 p.m. and we had plenty of time to play jump rope with our friends in the cul-de-sac. They even let me play. I was able to jump in but I only jumped 5 times before I messed up. The girls thought it was pretty funny to see an old Mother jumping rope. Can you see why today was such a good day?
4 comments:
I love you guys so much! You are so much fun!! I loved looking at all of the pictures and seeing your adventures!! I know I was just in AZ in December but wow...all the kids are looking a lot more grown up!! It sounds like you had a great Spring Break! Love you bunches!
I've never been to the Phoenix Zoo...but I believe, I believe! I'll have to remember these things when I decide the need to see REAL animals!
I haven't been to the Tucson zoo or the Phx. zoo in a long long time, BUT I agree. The Tucson Zoo is much better and it's a up close and parsonal with the wildlife zoo.
You are a fun family and I'm glad were apart of it.
A friend of mine was telling me just the other day how much better the Tucson zoo is. I went with Dallin on a fieldtrip to the Phx Zoo recently...so boring! :) We really need to take a trip to Tuscon!
I can't believe Sarah is driving already!!
Post a Comment