Okay, so not many people know it, but I love to skate! I know, weird, and who really skates these days, but I love to skate! There's just something about putting your feet into what feels like 10 pound blocks of concrete and moving around as fast as you can. And, I'm old school so roller skates are what I prefer, not roller blades.
So, on the first, official day of Spring Break when Paige and Kaylee asked "what are we going to do?" I said "SKATE!" There is just something about skating that never fails to make me smile.
Paige has lucky bowling socks and as you can see, Kaylee has lucky bowling socks.
We were super excited to start skating.
It is a fact that I have taught all of my children to be "skate rats" as well. Not very many of them think it is as fun or as cool as they used to think it was, but they possess the skill nonetheless.
Teaching Meagan to skate when she was a little girl was probably one of the few things I did to prepare her for being an elementary education teacher. Why, you may ask? Because she is going to be the coolest, smoothest skating teacher at all of the school skate nights. I secretly think that the real reason she is going to move back to Arizona when she graduates from college this year is because Arizona schools have school skate nights and Utah probably doesn't.
We sure had a lot of fun. You just can't beat 3 hours of uninterrupted skating. What am I going to do when my last 2 children don't think it is cool to skate anymore?
There is just something magical about singing YMCA while moving around in a circle underneath disco balls and the Hokey Pokey on 4 wheels takes on a whole new level of fun.
It's even better when they dim the lights and turn on the strobe lights, although Kaylee says it makes her dizzy.
Here is our last secret of the day........Paige is a hypochondriac. She loves playing sick and thinking about how fun and exciting she thinks it would be to have a cast. We think she is crazy, but she is also pretty entertaining. Here she is after a full day of skating pretending that she has a broken leg and crutches. What a nut!
4 comments:
haha we love skateland too! good times there :) Me and Paige sound a lot alike when I was little I always made fake casts and stuff too ahhaha!
SWEET!!! I knew you were a Skater susan! You should come skate with me around the neighborhood sometime! how fun! I want to go to skateland :) those were the good ole days :)
I'll go skating with you.
Hey Mom! You're right, roller skating isn't huge in Utah, it's ice skating. You're welcome to come skating with me and my school kiddos anytime. With my job you get new kids who are ready to play every year...it's like they never grow up!
Post a Comment