On Saturday we got up with the sun so that we could go and work at the MCC Rose Garden and earn our free tickets to Disneyland. We signed up on January 1st and Disney advertised this promotion as give a day of service and get a day at Disney, but who are they kidding, if you are getting into Disneyland for free you really aren't performing service.
Our first stop on the way to MCC was at this beautiful house so that we could pick up our fun cousin, Annie, who will appear in the majority of the following pictures.
Paige and Kaylee are just waiting to begin trimming the roses.
Annie and I start the day with a hug.
I like to think that Annie likes me the best, but when Richard is around she doesn't even know who I am.
>This is a picture of Annie showing us that she likes her Uncle Richard soooo much that her leg pops up every time she hugs him. What charisma he must have!
Here is Annie showing her cousin love for Paige.
It takes 3 pictures to get Matt and Richard to stop moving around and smile and then this is the smile that we get from Matt. Is that the best he can do?
Here is Sarah looking into the big green dumpster at all of the rose clippings.
These cute cousins were born exactly 2 weeks apart. They are having birthdays in the next few weeks and they will both be turning 16, how exciting!
Too bad Matt is your cousin Annie.
It didn't take us long to turn the garden into this rose wasteland. It is hard to believe that they actually wanted us to do this to the rose garden, but don't worry, the roses will be blooming and beautiful again by March or April. We had lots of fun even though we all got stuck with bunches of thorns and yes, we were all wearing gloves. No wonder they charge so much for these flowers at the store!
2 comments:
you guys are such a FUN family! Can't wait for the PARtay tonight :)
I'm glad you guys had fun! I remember dead-heading at the rose garden. I told somebody here that my family went dead heading at a rose garden and he was super confused-guess not everyone knows what dead-heading is :)
I volunteered at the Masquerade Ball last weekend...I got to refill the dessert trays...delicious!!
Love you all bunches!
Post a Comment