So, do you remember when I wrote about these 2 great guys building me something this summer that I have wanted for a long time?
The entire family spent most of the summer anxiously watching the mail for this catalog to arrive and then we spent the rest of the summer reading it.
Finally, after much anticipation, the day arrives when Richard and Matt decide to build this fantastic chicken coop. But, after it was built, it became SO handy that I just couldn't decide if I wanted to use it for chickens after all. Our children and lots of the neighbor children could play in the backyard and I just didn't even have to worry about them getting into trouble. Just kidding, hang up the phone and don't call CPS.
Each of these children should get an academy award for their acting ability.
Well, we kept calling the feed stores, but none of them had ordered any baby chicks yet. However, Matt found a place in Queen Creek that was selling day old baby chicks. We had originally wanted to order our own chicks from the catalog, but then Matt read in the catalog that the minimum order was 25 and that was way more chickens than what we wanted. So, we set off in the car on Saturday afternoon to go and buy our chicks.
Here is Paige and Sarah excited that we are finally getting chickens.
Kaylee is REALLY excited!
Matt and Allie can hardly wait. It may look like Matt is wearing a flower in his hair for this special occasion but actually it's Allie.
These were all of the cute little fluff balls that we had to choose from. They are Red Star chicks and we bought 8 of them, one for each member of the family.
Here is Sarah with her chick.
I think Paige is already in love.
Kaylee is thrilled with her choice.
Richard named his chick, Esther.
Matt named his chicken, Kevin, from the movie UP.
Here is Allie and her new friend.
This is what the chicks will look like when they are all grown up.
Here are all 8 new members of the family boxed up and ready to come home with us.
9 comments:
you mean chicken nuggets in Feb! ;)
How fun! I have never thought of getting baby chicks for pets! I know at the school they watch the chicks hatch and stuff. Have so much fun with them! Oh, and about the laundry soap Susan....Fels-Naptha is a Basha's. Trying to figure out a time to make the stuff. I'll have to call you to do it with me. :)
hahaha! you are the funniest! I love the little chicks they are adorable.
Cheep! Cheep! Those chicks will be so much fun! Our family is just FULL of unusual pets! I love it! Thanks for taking care of Ellie for me :)
Haha! Those are so cute, im way jealous!!!! :)
congratulations on the new members of the family. I see a strong resemblance with Riches chick! I'll start gathering the empty egg cartons.
The Cluff family has the most exciting pets!! Chickens and Roaches. How much fun can one family have? Good luck with your chicks (and roaches too).
CUTE!! My girls are aaahing and oooing at your cute little chicks! Good luck with those little munchkins! we had chickens when i grew up! fresh eggs are great! Fun times :)
Maelee is going to flip! We need to come and visit ASAP.
PS - we won't bring Chloe.
Post a Comment