Thursday, September 17, 2009

Cockroaches in My Apartment!!

There are cockroaches in my apartment!! Believe it or not...I'm the one that put them there! For one of my education courses we have to observe an invertebrate (fancy name for something that doesn't have a backbone) for the semester.

I named one of them Arnold (yes, I was a Magic School Bus fan growing up) and the other one Lewis (Meet the Robinsons is still on my top 10 movie list).

I definitely have the best roommates ever! They put up with a lot-I mean really, how many girls do YOU know who could live with a person who has pet cockroaches?

These are Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches so whenever they feel threatened they make a hissing noise.
Let's just say they did a lot of hissing during this photo shoot.

6 comments:

Cluff Family said...

The pictures of you holding the roaches are severely reducing the number of people that will care to shake your hand or give you a hug when you come home at Thanksgiving. Just a little motherly advice, dear.

Cluff Family said...

On the positive side, Meg, I can tell that you are a great mother. (I just never thought that it would be to a pair of cockroaches) Seeing their habitat so clean and the oranges and carrots (no junk food for my grandroaches) that you have prepared for them just warms my heart.

Loree said...

ICKY!!! I don't think those HUGE roaches would last 2 minutes with me. I would sqish them like grape! :) you go girl, but PLEASE wash your hands after handling those beasts ;) J/K PS i love your mom's advise and grandroaches... LOVE IT :)

nate and amy crandell said...

Haha! hopefully you don't loose Arnold or Lewis ahh could you imagine! p.s. I love magic school bus too :)

Kim & Max Willis family said...

oh sick!!!!!!!!!!!!

D & C Larson said...

UGH MEAG!!!! Ok I can't believe there are actual cockroaches in our apartment. All I know is that it is a good thing I don't live there anymore or I would be a nervous wreck! You are such a good sport about everything- way to be a trooper!