Monday, September 14, 2009

Labor Day Laughs!


Could anything possibly be more fun than throwing a heavy ball around while wearing shoes that hundreds of other people have worn? We think not! Allie and Paige seem to think that they will have an advantage by wearing these colorful, knee-hi socks. Have they no shame? Apparently not!

We decided to celebrate Labor Day by ceasing all labor and going bowling. We had a gift certificate for FREE bowling, FREE shoes, FREE pizza, FREE soda and the use of a lane for 2 hours. You may want to know what we did to deserve such an amazing gift certificate as that. Well, it was easy. All WE had to do was support ME as the Skyline Booster's Concession Stand Manager during the 2008/2009 school year by being at lots of sporting events and selling nachos, popcorn, Gatorade and candy. Simple, huh? Well, maybe not, but the Booster Club gave us this great gift certificate at the end of the school year in May and we still hadn't used it.

Here is a bad picture of a great husband who is still undeniably the reigning, family bowling champ. He was burning up the lanes on Labor Day.

Sarah is so excited to have a day off from school, as you can see in this picture.

Kaylee thinks bowling is really fun too. We didn't even use bumper pads this time and she still did a really good job.

Paige is excited because she ALMOST got a strike. There is only 1 pin remaining. Maybe the crazy socks are working.

Here's Allie striking a pose. I'm sure the professional bowling tournament organizers will be contacting her soon to model for all of their 2009/2010 publicity photos.

Matt had lots of fun too. When regular bowling got a little boring we came up with different ways the family had to bowl each frame such as left handed, no bending of the legs and the granny roll.

It just doesn't get better than this.

We even found these fliers about this new league that would be perfect for us. Unfortunately, they only meet on Sunday afternoons. Dang it!

Labor Day bowling was a huge success. Unfortunately, it wasn't amazing enough for us to agree to sell concessions during this school year. If it has been awhile since you have been bowling, we highly recommend it. Give us a call and we will even let you borrow some of our funky socks.

6 comments:

nate and amy crandell said...

how fun!!! nate and I love bowling we challenge you cluffs to a match anytime ( after I have the baby )

Kylee said...

Oh Allie Bean....

Heather said...

Susan....any day with your family looks like a TON of fun! I love watching how much fun you all have together. And I love the way you look at things! By the way, I'm not really that BLOGGER that you're saying. Tawni set me up and I'm a one trick pony. I just do what she taught me. AND I have 12 years to catch up on, so I try to blog any chance I have before my memory fails me and my kids don't have any childhood memories cuz I'm lame and didn't document them!
SOO fun to see you at the temple on Friday. I miss seeing you and talking to you! YOU"RE ONE OF MY FAVORITE PEOPLE! I could listen to you for days.....

Kim & Max Willis family said...

now that explains the socks you wore to the FHE at my parents house!! he he

Mrs.EBG said...

What a fun family you guys are! Seriously,am LOVING the socks!! :)

Loree said...

LOVE the Socks too! i want to go bowling now! it is on the list :) have i told you before how COOL the Cluff family is? well if you don't remember?? That is what I think! you are TOO COOL! ;)