Friday, July 31, 2009

The Rest Of The Story...


I was in such a rush to post last time that I forgot to include some of our Oceanside adventures. This is the amazing condo that we stayed in while we were in Oceanside. I told you it was close to the beach.

The sand at the beach always feels sooooo good, but it sure does get everywhere. Oh well, I guess it's a small price to pay for having so much fun.

Sarah enjoyed relaxing on the beach until...

this happened. She got more than a little crispy. So did Allie, Paige and Kaylee. I know you are all thinking "what kind of a Mother lets that happen?" Well, in my defense, I wasn't even there at the time, we took sunblock on the trip it just wasn't applied and they are all over the age of 8 so they know right from wrong. The bad news is that I'm definitely not going to be nominated for Mother Of The Year again this year, but the good news is there's always 2010.

That evening we went to a street fair and looked at all kinds of interesting booths with things for sale. It was a lot of fun and would have been extremely fun if the pain of the sunburns wasn't already starting to kick in.


Kaylee found a place where they were giving pony rides for only $5. She hadn't been on a horse since 2006 when she was thrown from the horse that she was riding and broke her heel. She was excited to try again and definitely up for the challenge. Her only request was "don't tell Dad that I got on a horse again."


One of the best things about the outdoor fair was these monster snow cones that we found for sale. Luckily, Sarah was excited about having a snow cone. She was in some serious pain that night and she had already passed up Allie's offer to pay for a back massage at one booth and a photo with two, live, colorful parrots perched on each shoulder. That Allie, what a joker, she knew she would never have to pay for either of those things because Sarah didn't want anyone or anything touching her back.

Kaylee's favorite booth was the beanie baby booth and she spent quite a long time looking at all of the different stuffed animals that were for sale. This is Kaylee's idea of Heaven!

1 comment:

Kylee said...

Bah! Cute stuff Cluffs! tee-hee