We drove home from our unplanned Oceanside trip and washed our clothes and re-packed them for our planned trip to Colorado. Matt and Sarah were excited to fly on a plane. Our Grandpa Bill is retired from Delta, but we were traitors and flew Southwest. Sorry, Grandpa!


We stayed with our friends Nannette and Clay Jones in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Richard was at their house earlier in the month and told us that Colorado was such a fantastic place that we decided to take Matt and Sarah there. I know this is going to sound like bribery but it really isn't. Richard and I set precedent several years ago by taking Meagan and Allie on a trip to Rhode Island after they received their YW medallions. We saw the sights and visited with our friends Mike and Shelle Napier. Well, Matt earned his Eagle award from BSA two years ago and Sarah earned her YW medallion at least a year ago and we had been talking about a trip but just hadn't decided where we wanted to go. This seemed like the perfect opportunity!
I couldn't pass up this opportunity to tease Richard and Matt as they were patted down as they went through security.
One of the best parts of the airport is the "moving sidewalk." It was definitely a favorite with Matt and Sarah.
This looks a little more complicated than driving a car.
We landed in Denver and Nannette met us at the airport and took us to a place called Elitch Gardens. It is like a Six Flags amusement park. Richard and Matt had lots of fun riding all of the roller coasters.
Who would have thought? Elitch Gardens even had snow cones! Are any of you starting to see how much the Cluffs love snow cones? Only Paige is immune to their yumminess.
We even got to watch a funny sea lion show while we were there.
Richard and Matt had a good time playing pool in Clay and Nannette's basement.
Sarah found a fun second hand store called Plato's Closet that she enjoyed digging through.
We even saw the Statue of Liberty...at the goofy golf place in Colorado Springs.
Richard spent some time looking for a lost ball which was a welcome change from the two hole in ones that he started the game off with.
It started to rain while we were playing, but as the Jones Family always says, "If you don't like the weather in Colorado, wait 10 minutes and it will change." Sure enough, it did.
Sarah posing with a cute zebra.
This place is called Garden Of The Gods and boy, was it beautiful!
Here we are in Colorado at Garden of the Gods on July 30 wearing jackets and enjoying 53 degree weather. Colorado is definitely the place to visit in the summer.
We went white water rafting on the Arkansas River. Sarah and I both fell out once, but laughed our way back into the raft. I was a little nervous starting out, but we all agreed that this 8 hour day of rafting was the highlight of the trip. We would definitely recommend going white water rafting if you've never had the chance.
2 comments:
The company would send us to Col. and we loved it there. But no thank you on the river rafting. I'm a big chicken when it comes to water i cant see the bottom of. You all have been world travlers this summer! good for you. Whos turn for FHE?
I'm glad Sarah and Matt got a fun trip too! I remember the RI trip and how cool I thought that was that you took Allison and Megan. I want to see the picture of Aunt Susan running alongside the moving sidewalk to take the picture at the airport!
Post a Comment