Allie, Matt and Paige went to the cardiologist for their semi-annual check-up yesterday. This is Paige hooked up to all of the electrodes that are used to test her defibrillator. The kids are starting to understand how Frankenstein felt. The bad thing about having a defibrillator is that it tells the doctor absolutely everything, like if you have been taking your medicine or NOT.
Here they are at the end of the visit. Allie and Matt give thumbs up because the doctor was pleased with them. (Don't ask me why because they are not that faithful about taking their medicine.) Paige gets a thumbs down because the electrodes that never lie reported that she had 60 "episodes" over the summer where her heart rate got too high. (I told her that is because she is more active than the other two couch potatoes.) Really, when you think about it, Paige is an over- achiever. A hit t.v. show makes maybe 20 episodes per season, so if Paige is having 60 "episodes" in 2 months she is really working overtime. Oh well, they all committed to do a better job remembering to take the medicine.
Kaylee went with us to the doctor because there are always suckers and stickers at the end and who doesn't love suckers and stickers? Wouldn't you know it, they were out of both! What kind of a doctor runs out of suckers and stickers?
On the way home Allie snapped a picture of this house that she said would be perfect for me to live in because it is purple, my favorite color. I don't think that is an approved HOA color.
We stopped at Pruitts on the way home and Allie thinks this is the perfect bed for her. Her birthday is next month. (hint, hint) I told her "in your dreams."
Here is Matt sitting on a comfortable sofa while he waits for us reading A Tale Of Two Cities. Could it be that school starts in a mere 7 days and he still hasn't finished his summer reading project? And, what is that yellow book he is trying to hide under the pillow? Could it be Cliff Notes, I wonder?
2 comments:
HAHAHA....that is HILARIOUS!
I love reading your blog. I hope you don't mind I'm a stalker!
I agree with Paige and Kaylee...boys are smelly (I say they're gross, but it's all the same, right?!)!
And I'm SUPER glad all your defibrillators are still making you guys tick. I would really hate going into work everyday if that wasn't the case! :)
I saw all the cliff note books at the Library you had on hold when you were in Cali. I was wondering who was going to read them.
Post a Comment