My daughter Allie is always telling me how awesome Zumba is, so today I snuck away to the Red Mountain Generational Center in the middle of the day to try a class. First of all, let me just say that I am not a coordinated person at all. Sure, I played sports in high school and college and I still enjoy sports, but dancing is a whole other thing. I am not a good dancer. Wait, that is being too kind. I stink at dancing! I entered the class feeling pretty good about myself because I was the youngest one there by about 10 years. I actually thought, "this is the class for me, I can keep up with these retired snowbirds." And I could keep up with them, I just stink at dancing.
By the end of the class I felt like this lady looks, old and ridiculous, if not incredibly limber.
How do those women do it? I had no idea what the instructor was saying for most of the hour. She kept saying something about a combo and all that made me do was think about ordering food at a restaurant. The music has a fast tempo, but I felt like someone was yelling at me in Spanish for an hour. Now I know how Matt must have felt when he first got to Mexico. The whole experience only cost me $2, an hour of my time and my pride.
Let me just end by saying that I have a whole new respect for anyone who has ever been a dancer or a cheerleader because it isn't easy and I now realize that they work way harder than us "jocks" ever did. So next time you are at a sporting event and it is half-time, give the dancers the respect they deserve.




3 comments:
I seriously love you! I'll go with you next time. I'll make you look good!
hahaha ah you crack me up! trust me Susan you are better at it than me.
You are hilarious! My Zumba dvd's should be here any day now, courtesy of Amazon, of course! :)
Post a Comment