Friday, November 23, 2012

I am thankful for muscles I didn't even know I had


 For Thanksgiving this year, we got together with Richard's side of the family and ate and played kick ball.  I had so much fun!  Why do I forget sometimes how much I LOVE playing kick ball?  It must be one of those things you forget with age.
 Well, I don't know if it is actually true, but in my mind, I am awesome at the game of kick ball.  However, today my competitiveness has left me with a few sore muscles, which makes me laugh, because every time I move and something hurts I smile and think all over again about how much I LOVE kick ball. :)  Richard, I am proud to report, has not lost any of his kick ball skills over the years and his performance as pitcher was truly amazing, making me proud to call him my husband.
Last, but not least, this picture was taken at Sarah's wedding and has nothing to do with Thanksgiving or kick ball, but it makes me laugh every time I look at it.  This is a picture of Paige and her cousin Annie giving us there best "come hither" looks.  Hysterical!  Oh yeah, since this is a Thanksgiving post it would be rude of me not to say that I am so thankful for my family, our health, our home, the blessing of living so close to a temple and...KICK BALL.

3 comments:

Mallory said...

seriously you and Richard and your kids totally kicked butt!!! It was so much fun! We must play again after this baby comes so i can get in on the fun more!!! :)

Kim & Max Willis family said...

all i can say is you have serious kickball skills aunt susan!!! this has to be our new thanksgiving tradition!!

Meagan Mitchell said...

Boy do I need to catch up on blogs! I LOVE those pictures from Sarah's wedding and that "If You Really Knew Me" post was AWESOME! I love you!