O.k., I haven't posted in awhile and I have really liked reading some of the blogs that I have read over the past few months entitled, If You Really Knew Me..." , so here is my attempt to fill you in on me. I have broken more blenders in my life than I can count. Why? Because I use them too much. To make healthy smoothies? Of course not! To make slushes for my family that are bad for us and full of sugar. We thinly disguise them as healthy because we use fresh squeezed lemons and strawberries. We live on these concoctions during the summer and they help to keep us cool.
True story, if I really took every blender that I have ever broke back to the store to make good on the 1 year warranty that they promise, I would have only paid for 1 blender in my whole life.
I enjoy doing ridiculous things like decorating our front door.
This is a picture from when I went to Mexico with Meagan 3 years ago. Mexico was interesting to say the least and no one could have been more surprised than me when Matt was called to serve his mission in Mexico.
I don't remember Mexico being as fun as Matt is making this picture out to be but I am glad he is finding joy in his journey. I LOVE reading his e-mails each week!In the past year I have gone white water rafting and para sailing. Both were very fun.
I discovered one of my favorite places this year. Rooster Cogburn's Ostrich Farm. Pretty much the best time $10 can buy.
I am not a huge fan of animals but some of my children are. I will do crazy things, even allow a giraffe to lick me (yuck), if I am having fun with my kids.
Temple Tuesdays are always my favorite day of the week. It is fun to see who will show up at our door each week to go to the temple with us.
My children tell me that I have an unhealthy relationship with feta cheese. This could be true. I think a psychologist might call it a feta fetish. :)
I love my family so much that I allowed this small beast to move into our home and live with us. Her name is Dixie and she is fond of biting my toes to get my attention. Double yuck! However, because Matt, as well as others in our home, love her so much I am ridiculously good to her.Family really is the absolute best! I love this picture of our family, minus Matt, that was taken recently at Sarah's wedding. I even have 2 adorable grandchildren now. Who would have thought?
I love Richard. Especially when he acts silly, which is rare, but worth waiting for. He would do anything for me and usually goes to extremes because I am not always easily impressed. :)
Here he is with me in Colorado celebrating an unbelievable baseball catch from the stands!
Had I known that having a son serve a mission would be such an incredible experience I would have maybe wished for more sons. I do remember having my days with him and telling him that I hoped he got called to a place where when he got there they handed him a machete to cut through the brush and a flea collar. Living in an apartment with no means to cook and eating a diet consisting mostly of corn flakes isn't the same as a machete and a flea collar, but close. I couldn't be more proud of him.
I like unusual things like pomegranates. I grew up eating them in St. George, Utah, with the juice staining my hands and my clothes and running down my arms. Delicious!
I do NOT like roller coasters!
I'm so glad I married Richard. What would I have done the last 26 years without him?
.jpg)





2 comments:
I love you Susan! Happy Birthday and thank you for always being real! I am so thankful that we are friends and that I can always count on you!
I LOVE the picture of all of you guys. What a good-looking family!
Post a Comment