Friday, April 8, 2011

Middle Age Peer Pressure

So, this is pretty much how I felt this whole week. My friend, Sara, asked me if I wanted to sign up for a one month boot camp with her. She said it would be great if we did it together because she really needed support. I was thinking in my mind that I could probably go as far as buying her a new bra and maybe even a new pair of tennis shoes but that is really all of the support I wanted to provide. Well, let me just tell you that peer pressure isn't just for teenagers. I signed up for the one month experience and now I think about every move I make during the day. Somehow when I am downstairs everything I need is upstairs and when I am upstairs everything I need is downstairs. You know what is weird? I kind of like it. Who would have thought? Now my mornings begin with a walk to the local high school so that I can be there by 5:30 a.m. to start exercising. It only lasts one hour but some days it feels like a whole lot more. Today was the first day I was able to get out of bed without immediately thinking about ibuprofen. I call that success! You know what they say, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Thanks, Sara, for talking me into doing something hard.

7 comments:

Jenny Knudsen said...

YEA! You didn't die! Good for you friend ;)

Unknown said...

I love it, Middle Age Peer Pressure, who knew? Actually, it happens to me all the time. I miss you at the AR meetings.

Steph said...

I literally laughed out loud about the horse picture and the new bra. :) Good for you! Good luck!

kri66 said...

Now I know what that face was for as I saw you walking to the school! You are right... you are all awesome and tough! They tried to pressure me too... luckily I got out of it. They know they can't pressure me into getting up that early! Thanks for a good chuckle!

Mrs.EBG said...

I've been wanting to do a boot camp, but was afraid I would die... you've given me hope! :)

Sarah S. said...

I want to know what can't you do?! You do it all! I also want to know how those cinnamon rolls turned out.

Anonymous said...

So I took a boot camp class once and went home bleeding. I got in trouble from those that love me and I have been forbidden from all further boot camps...darn it! Glad you are enjoying it!