Surprise! Surprise! I'm engaged! Hyrum and I are getting married on July 30th at 7:40 AM in the Salt Lake Temple (Meagan Mitchell...it has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?). Here's my prince charming and I on our way to Arizona to meet the family! He's such a brave man!
Hyrum made an appointment with my Dad's executive secretary and had a nice chat with Bishop Cluff before Dad was released...he passed (with flying colors)! Hyrum had never REALLY visited Arizona and he loved the desert, especially the cactus.
We did so many fun things in Arizona! Hyrum has lots of great ideas! We went tubing on the Salt River with Matt and Kaylee, challenged Sarah to a volleyball game, ate lunch with Allie (aka: Al Gal) at Chili's, "played" tennis (he's the athletic one...I'm learning), visited Mom and Paige at Girls' Camp, went swimming with Kaylee, ate a delicious (masheesoyo) Korean meal thanks to Hyrum with our Korean neighbors and the Rays, braved the family at extended family home evening, visited all the grandparents...Wow! We were busy!
We also went shooting with a lot of the family! Hyrum is super patient and a great teacher! Isn't he a cute cowboy?
We went to the Grand Canyon on our drive back to Utah. Here's a picture of us BEFORE the hike...
and here's a picture of us AFTER the hike. We hiked Bright Angel Trail and it was beautiful!
How romantic!
On Friday, June 11, 2010 Hyrum asked me to marry him. He had told me that we would go ring shopping next week and so I was totally surprised! He did a great job! He had felt prompted earlier on Friday to pick up a ring but he still wasn't planning on proposing until the weekend or next week. I had written him a letter on Friday morning and partway through reading it he decided he wanted to propose right then. He told me we should finish reading the letter at Provo Canyon...now that is totally like Hyrum, he loves being outdoors so I didn't think anything of it. We drove up to the top of Squaw Peak and hiked up a little ways. Hyrum picked me a bouquet of wildflowers along the way-again, characteristic of Hyrum, I still had no idea! We found a perfect spot, sat down on a log, and he finished reading the letter.
At the end I had a card for him of the Salt Lake Temple that said "The Temple: I'm going there someday!" and I wrote on it "and I'm praying it's with you Hyrum Mitchell!" Perfect intro for him, right? Then he gave me a kiss and asked if it could get any better than this. I said "No, I don't think it could" :) ... and then what does he do? Drop to one knee! He says my eyes got bigger than he's ever seen them before. Then he said "Meagan Cluff, will you be my queen for all eternity?" I said "Definitely yes, as long as you'll be my king."
On our drive back to the apartment complex he sang the Josh Groban song "You Are Loved" to me...it was the icing on the cake! Aren't I such a lucky girl!?!
13 comments:
I am so happy for you Megan. Thanks for sharing your engagement experience. I had chills the whole time I read it. You guys are A-dorable together. I could tell when I met him at church that he was just as high caliber of person that you are. You are a perfect match and I'm so happy that you found your prince charming. You guys will have an amazing, beautiful story to be told together.
P.S. Aaron told me about Hyrum's appointment. We both thought it was so awesome and spoke volumes of him to do something like that. I shared it with my family because I thought it was so cute and creative. Hope you don't mind. :)
Meagan and Hyrum = Presh! That is so CUTE!!!We love you guys!
I'm misty eyed, and happy for you meagan. We enjoyed meeting him and look forward to getting to know him better. See you at the end of July!
YEAH for you! He is a cutie and I love that picture, he looks like he will fit in with your family very well. I hope you have a reception here so I can give you a big hug with this congratulations. No wonder you wanted to stay in Utah:)
Woo-Hoo!! Congratulations!! :)
Congratulations!! Loved reading your engagement story--he's a keeper alright!
So Happy for you Meagan!!! Congratulations and what a cute proposal story :)
wow! I love a good LOVE story! Congrats Meg! He is a handsome guy! I hope you have all the happiness in the world :) I too hope you will be having a AZ reception! good luck with the wedding plans! happy day :)
so excited for you!!! you know i live in provo, so PLEASE let me know if you need help with the planning or anything!! im so happy for you two!! what a great proposal!
-Mallory
YAY!!! I am so HAPPY! I loved reading the story and seeing pictures to go along with it Meg- way to go!
You two are so perfect together- so excited for your engagements!
love ya!
Hooray Meagan!! We are all so happy for you! You guys look so happy together and we think it's the cutest thing ever!!!!!
Congrats!
The Guthrie Fam
We almost had our plane tickets set for the 31st so glad to know its the 30th. Hopefully you have an Arizona reception so I can be your hair girl. We are sad we won't be able to come but hopefully he has lots of family that will be there! Happy you found your sweetheart!
Hi Meagan is Sandra and Christian from Mexico, sorry that we write late, but we lost the letter taht u let us, but we move to the new house and i found it today, and i was so happy!!, then i saw ur blog and all tha we can say is CONGRATULATIONS!!!, write us back please, bye the way, thnx 4 all that u let us and the little socks, and the girl name is Valentina, we gonna send u pics, be happy!!, bye.
Post a Comment