I have to hurry and capture the events of May before it is over. I don't know if these events are necessarily in order, but here is what I remember. First off, Allie applied for and received her passport and she, Richard and Richard's father aka Grandpa Bill are planning on going to Ireland soon. I know, I am jealous too. Meg and I are planning on going to Mexico later this summer and we are both excited about that trip.
Speaking of Meg, she graduated a few weeks ago and planned to return to Arizona, but has since changed her mind and decided to stay in Provo, Utah. I can't say that I blame her. We are excited that she is coming to visit this week.
You can see that it would be hard to give all of this up. I think she slept on the top bunk all four years of college and a girl just can't walk away from memories like that and lets not forget six roommates sharing one bathroom. Just kidding Meg. We love you and are so happy that you are staying in Utah. We will be so jealous this summer when we are melting and you are not. We can't wait to visit you in July.
I went on a bike ride with Kaylee last week and she asked me if I was born in 1892? I said, "No, that would make me 118 years old, Kaylee." She then asked if my parents were born then? I don't know where that question came from but you can bet I went right out and bought more make-up.
Attention everyone! Matt got a summer job with City of Mesa and his driver's license this month. He passed the driving test in the suburban. How many people can say they did that?Way to go Matt!
Another one of our children who shall remain anonymous, lets just refer to her as Allie C., no A. Cluff, asked if we could get a turtle. Not just any turtle, but one that grows up to be HUGE. She reasoned that with a turtle that size we wouldn't have to mow the grass. I reasoned that with a turtle that size we wouldn't have any grass. I am happy to report that we do not own a turtle.
May was full of field trips for Kaylee and Paige. Here is Kaylee posing at the Phoenix Zoo. The 3rd graders finished their animal reports and got to go to the zoo. Can you guess which animal Kaylee did her report on?
Paige and I accompanied the 6th graders to a camp in Prescott called Sky Y. We did all kinds of fun things like climbing this tall tower, hiking, making a catapult and eating s'mores.
Here is Paige all suited up and ready to climb.
Look at her climb. It was really hard. I know because I tried to climb it myself. Paige climbed much higher than I did. Thank goodness there are no pictures of me climbing.
We had lots of fun this month. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to be a Mom and to get to spend so much time with our children. (Even when they ask for more pets and think I could have been born in a different century.) I am especially thankful to be married to such a good man who is a hard worker and supports us in our silliness. Thanks, Richard!
6 comments:
Okay all of you computer geniuses. Why are there underlined words in this post that lead to pop-ups? Yuck! If anyone knows how to make this go away let me know. Thanks.
I love your family! And I think everyone should have parents like Susan and Richard. Thanks for inspiring us to always want to do fun stuff like the Cluffs.
You had a busy month! Looks like lots of fun. :)
I didn't see any links...but I just want to say I love your blog. You guys are awesome. I plan to catch up on mine tomorrow, too much has happened all at once and I couldn't keep up. Love you guys.
I just happened to pop to your blog and get the post with updates for the whole fam! So fun to hear how everyone's doing. I'll have to tell Brent about Matt driving! I miss you and Stacy for my examples of how to raise kids!!!
We will really miss Bishop Cluff as our Bishop. He did an amazing job. He was just what our ward needed. I'm sure you will be glad to have him home a little more often...until he gets called to be the new Stake President. :)
Great lesson today in R.S.!
Post a Comment