Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Happy Birthday Meagan!


This is a picture of Meagan when she was a baby. As you can see she came into this world with a positive attitude and a smile and that is one of the things that I love about her the most. Walt Disney's character, Pollyanna, doesn't have anything on our Meg. Meg can find the positive in any situation, so you just better get used to it. You could put the most negative, cantankerous person in a room with Meagan and come back in an hour to find two, very happy people. You just can't help but be happy when you are around Meagan!

Sorry, Meagan, but I couldn't resist using these pictures that I found of you. You must have put these together over Christmas break to show to your class and then changed your mind for some reason. I LOVED these pictures and the simple story that they tell about you and your life. Oh, the things that I could tell you about Miss Cluff. I am so glad that Heavenly Father sent you to our family.


Meagan was born on the evening of January 12, 1988. Her due date was December 31, 1987, so as you can see she was a whole year late. That is funny because she is punctual to a fault. It was pretty much the longest pregnancy of my life because I was so excited for her to arrive. I remember telling my friends that we couldn't come to the New Year's Eve party that they had invited us to because our baby was going to be born on that day. Boy, did they laugh at me. We didn't know if we were having a boy or a girl, but we sure were thrilled to be adding to our family. She was 8 pounds, 7 ounces when she was born and 12 days late, but I didn't care because I was so in love. I had told my employer that I would definitely be returning to work after the birth of our child, but Meg had a way of changing my priorities and helping me to see what was really important. She was the beginning of my growing testimony of the importance of families and I will be forever grateful to her and all of our other children for teaching me that truth. It really doesn't matter if you live in a palace or a shack down by the river as long as you are together and you choose to be happy.


By the time Meagan was in the first grade we had added two more children to our growing family and our fourth child was born while Meg was still in first grade. Meagan is a good sister and even though she has been gone 4 years she does a great job keeping up with what is going on at home and which activities her brother and sisters are involved in.


We really do all feel loved by Meg and we enjoy the times when we can all be together.


We had lots of fun in December 2008 when we went to Disneyland. We hadn't been in years and it was so fun to see how much it had changed.


Meagan has gotten a lot of enjoyment over the years out of playing the piano. I don't know if she always enjoyed practicing or going to lessons but she likes to play the piano and she has always been willing to play for others. I'm so glad that some of our other children began to play the piano after Meagan left home to attend college or else our house would be too quiet.


Meg really does love the snow, even after 4 years of tromping through it to get to classes and being cold. When I visited her a couple of weeks ago she taught me how to shuffle my feet so that I wouldn't slip on the ice. She is a snow professional.


Meagan really does like to smile and I love pictures of her where she is scrunching up her nose and giving the camera a mischievous look. That is her real smile, fun and full of life. As the song from Rascal Flatts says:

My wish for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold
And while you're out there gettin where you're gettin to
I hope you know somebody loves you
And wants the same things too
Ya, this is my wish.

I hope you have a good birthday Meg. I know I was just with you, but I wish I could be with you again today. I'm so proud of who you are becoming and where you are "gettin to". Thanks for agreeing to come down to a young and inexperienced Mother and being willing to let me grow up at the same time you were growing up yourself. I love you so much and am grateful for the privilege of being your Mom! Happy 22nd Birthday, Meg! I really do wish that all of your dreams come true!

4 comments:

Heather said...

That has to be the nicest birthday tribute I've seen! WOW!

Meg said...

Thanks Mom!!! You and Dad are the best! I couldn't ask for better parents! Thank you both for being such a strength and support for me...especially right now :) Love you all bunches and bunches!

PS-I was wondering where I put that book full of pictures of me-I made it last year for a class...I thought it was at my apartment, but I guess not :) Ha! Ha! Looks great on the blog though :)

Stacy said...

I am sitting here crying cause that definitely was the sweetest birthday tribute I've ever seen. I think she is pretty terrific too. Happy Birthday Meagan!

CF Is Not Forever said...

Happy birthday to you! And I also loved the classroom post you rocked the house with the set up! Those kids are lucky to have you!