Friday, December 18, 2009

I've Missed You, Old Friend

Have you ever met someone and just instantly "clicked"? Well, that is what happened to me a little over 5 years ago. My friend and I were so close and used to spend at least a few days each month together just talking. Then, we both got busy and we just kind of drifted apart. This was a busy year for me and my friend got busy with school classes and we just stopped seeing each other... until last Friday. On Friday, my friend's Mom called and wanted to see if my friend and I could get together for a morning of fun. I agreed, and boy am I glad I did. We had the best time ever and it was as if we had never been apart. That is the sign of a really good friendship, you don't see each other for a long time and then when you do get together it isn't weird at all, just fun.









This is my good friend, Grace. I sure do like her. We like just about all of the same things. About the only time we don't get along is when she chooses to be purple when we play Pretty Pretty Princess because she knows that is my favorite color.




We played with dolls and danced to our favorite songs. Grace is much better at the Hillbilly Hoedown than I am. In the song it says that anyone can dance to this song whether you are 5 or 82 and Grace says that is perfect because she just happens to be 5 and I told her that I am less than 82 so we can both try to dance to that song.

We had time to make some cookies.

Grace even volunteered to grind the wheat. What a pal!

We got a little messy, but we sure did have a great day! Thanks for coming to see me Grace. Friday was the best day I've had in a long time. It was so good to see you old friend. We can't wait this long to see each other again.

2 comments:

Cluff Family said...

Grace,

I like this post, but I thought you were my best friend. I'm glad you had the time to get together with my Mom. Have a fun Christmas in Utah and throw some snowballs for me.

Paige

Heather said...

Susan...you're just plain fun! Everyone likes to be with you...from 0-82! The world is better because of Susan Cluff! :)