Wednesday, August 26, 2009

TRUE Love


Do you see this man? Well, he LOVES me. Do you want to know how I know? It is Wednesday and the garbage man just came. On Saturday night at about 9:30 p.m., I discovered that the refrigerator in our garage had stopped working. (I know SRP, I am a bad person for having a refrigerator in the garage, I'm trying to become a better person.) Finding out that your refrigerator/freezer has stopped working in August is second only to finding a dead and decomposing body, in my opinion.

Needless to say, everything in the refrigerator/freezer had to be thrown out. So, four days later, we have a REALLY disgusting garbage can. (Even though we did place everything in sealed bags, honest, City of Mesa.) This garbage can was 1,000 times worse than any stinky diaper in the history of babies. The man that you see in this picture may not be holding a dozen roses or riding a white stallion, but, he is aces in my book because he exhibited truly, unselfish love when he voluntarily grabbed a bottle of bleach and turned on the hose to clean out that smelly garbage can today. My hero!

7 comments:

lletrad said...

HAHAHAHAHA....What a guy! (He never ceases to amaze me...)

Anonymous said...

I seriously love that you got that on camera too!!! When we first moved into our house the deep freezer (which came with the house, wahoo) was on a circuit that tripped A LOT!!! Obviously we didn't know that. Chal's parents bought us about $200 of meat to have as a 'house warming' gift...yeah, it tripped the very next day and it was UGLY by the time we caught it!! Just like you said...far worse than any old diaper!!! That really might be the only way to determine TRUE love!!!*grins*

Kylee said...

Ha Ha! THAT IS A TENDER MARRIAGE RIGHT THERE :)

nate and amy crandell said...

haha I love your stories! what a good husband you have :)

Grandma Sue said...

He is THE MAN!

Diana said...

Richard you are amazing!!! Susan you really did find a great guy. It is funny because I remember when you guys moved into our ward as I think newlyweds... my how time flies doesn't it.

Anonymous said...

Susan, He is a keeper!!! You are blessed to have each other! Love, Nannette