Tuesday, June 23, 2009

EFY Stands For Extra Funny Youth!


See these 2 goofballs? Matt and Sarah are laughing because they have arrived in Flagstaff, used the "facilities" and they are minutes away from a week of EFY!

This is Matt entertaining himself by wearing Sarah's glasses while we are driving to Flagstaff.

This is Sarah mocking me when I admitted before we even got out of the city that I needed to use the "facilities". About 30 miles outside of Flagstaff Matt said that he needed to use the "facilities" and Sarah said, "Well, if two of you have to go then we should probably pull over." Let me translate for any of you that did not just understand what she said. That is her clever way of seeming concerned for us, when in reality, she really needs to use the "facilities" herself. Of course being the grown up that I am, I refused to stop because a) we were pretty close to arriving at our destination, b) I had a point to prove to Sarah that I really could make it the whole trip without stopping like a baby and c) she started the whole thing by teasing me. Matt being the sensible young man that he is told Sarah that she should "apologize to Mother" so that we could stop, but that just made Sarah laugh even more. So, I did the only thing that I could think to do. I turned the AC on full blast to try to break Sarah, but she just laughed even more. I wonder who she gets her stubbornness from? Probably Richard!

This is Matt and Sarah being checked in at EFY. This year they are taking extra precautions because of the swine flu. All participants had their temperature taken and signed a paper stating that they were not experiencing any flu-like symptoms.
At last, Matt and Sarah are happy to have passed their examination and get their EFY t-shirts. They read in the newspaper that there are t-shirts being sold in Mexico that say I Survived The Swine Flue - But I'm Still A Pig! Lets just say that they are going to be very disappointed if Meagan is not able to bring some of those t-shirts home as souvenirs when she comes home in August. No pressure, Meg!

2 comments:

nate and amy crandell said...

haha! how fun, I loved EFY! I didn't know you guys had a blog, I'm excited now that I found it you guys are so funny!

Meg said...

Goofballs is right! That sounds like so much fun! Love you bunches! Have a blast at EFY!

PS I´ll see what I can do about the t-shirts...that sounds like a touristy thing because the swine flu isn´t a big deal here.