Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Hard Lesson Learned

 A horrible thing happened to me on Saturday.  I went to get my hair cut at Great Clips (several people have already told me that was my first mistake). Well, I went in and told the beautician that I wanted my hair cut, but not too short and before i knew it, 3 pounds of my hair was on the floor.  I am serious!  Now, I put a headband with a bow in my hair every day just like a bald baby girl and walk around quietly chanting, "I'm a girl, I'm a girl" just to make myself feel better.  I like to get a good deal and I did have a coupon for this hair cut (several people have already told me that was my second mistake), but I will not be needing another haircut for months!  Boy did I get a good value for my money.  I don't mean to imply that short hair on a woman is bad because it isn't.  I know plenty of women that wear their hair shorter than mine is now, it's just that I don't like it on my head.
 My hair looks something like this female version of a bowl cut. 
 I told my kids that I finally look like Julia Roberts.  Too bad I look like her when she had butch short hair for her role as Tinkerbell in the movie, Hook.
I may even be mistaken for Moe from the Three Stooges.  The good news is, I have never been more faithful in taking a daily multi vitamin. I sure hope my hair grows back fast. :)  "I'm a girl, I'm a girl, I'm a girl ...."

5 comments:

Jenny Knudsen said...

I know your pain. Oh How I know your pain. I too am a sucker for the coupon. When will we learn? :)

Allie said...

you are hilarious! I didn't think it looked bad at all, plus with your new cute body and fun clothes I think you can rock it!

Sarah S. said...

I noticed it on Sunday and I thought it looked absolutely great on you and you definitely CAN pull it off.

nate and amy crandell said...

I want to see a picture! I'm sure you look beautiful as usual! And I agree with Allie, you have your new cute body and now a new cute hair cut!

Heather said...

Susan, YOU CRACK ME UP! Ü I saw you on Sunday and thought you looked really nice! I love your humor in every situation.