Wednesday, May 11, 2011

We Are Grandparents!


It's true! Richard and I woke up this morning and looked in the mirror and this is what we looked like. We are so excited that Meagan and Hyrum had their son, Brigham, last night. It sounds like it was an eventful day. Meg taught 3rd grade all day and then went to her late afternoon doctor appointment where she was told that she was 100% effaced, dilated to a 5 and contractions were coming every 2 minutes. The doctor recommended that they go to the hospital. They arrived at 6 p.m., Meg asked Hyrum to find a nurse at 7:30 p.m. and the baby was born at 7:57 p.m. Yikes! We told Hyrum that his little family might have to camp out on the hospital lawn the week before their next baby is due to arrive. Brigham weighed 5 pounds and 10 ounces. Congratulations, Hyrum and Meagan, we are all so happy for you and we can't wait to see your little man!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

oh yay!! so excited for Meagan and Hyrum!! congrats grandparents!

Anonymous said...

Happy news! Congratulations! That's so wonderful.

Sarah S. said...

Oh happy day! Congratulations! I am sure you guys are all thrilled and can't wait to meet him. Tell Meagan congrats for me. I love the name Brigham.

Debbie & Don said...

YEA!! hope to see pictures soon and hear the delivery details at the next FHE!

Jenny Knudsen said...

Yea Granny! ;) So happy he is here and healthy.

Guthrie's said...

Wow! The fun really begins now! Congratulations to all of youl

Unknown said...

So exciting!! Congratulations!!

Phoenix said...

You are one of my super heroes! I have been meaning to tell you that the past few times I talked with you... but now you can just top that off with a little more super-ness because you and being a grandmother is just a perfect combination. And I always chuckle at your pictures! Congratulations to all of you, I am sure EVERYONE is giddy with excitement.

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I can't keep up with all the new babies. Love to all Aunt Sue

Mrs.EBG said...

How exciting! Congrats! Can't wait to see pics of the little man! And, wow, can I please have a delivery like Meagan?! Sounds great to me!!

Devin said...

Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!

mama bear said...

Congratulations as you embark on this new stage of life!