Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Matt Turns 18!


I know, I'm a little late to blog about Matt. He turned 18 on November 5, but what can I say, he was more than a little late making his entry into this world. He was supposed to be a Halloween baby.

Matt is our third child and our only boy. Richard sure was happy when he found out we were having a boy.

Wasn't he a cute kid? This is a rare photo of a boy who is actually squeaky clean. Boys sure can get into a lot of messes.

Here he is on a school day when he was in kindergarten. I was going to say that it was a first day of school picture but the candy canes in the background remind me that it couldn't have been the first day of school. There he is with his pal, Sarah, who is only 15 months younger than Matt.

Matt used to wish and wish for a brother until.... he figured out that he would never share a room or wear hand-me-downs. Pretty smart, huh? He does his share of teasing, but all in all he is a good brother and pretty patient considering that he has 5 sisters.
Matt is a lot of fun and we are so glad that he is in our family.

His birthday didn't start out all that great this year. His mean mom took him to MCC where he took his placement tests and enrolled in an online class next semester. Matt is 1 year away from serving a mission and I kept telling him that he will be glad when he gets home from his mission to have all of his English and math out of the way. I don't think he was very glad, but he was a good sport and took the tests and enrolled.

After that, we went to YC's Mongollian BBQ. When you look up the definition of the Word of Wisdom it will never say anything about YCs because even though the food there is mostly vegetables they give you soooooo much.

Last, but not least, Matt and I celebrated his birthday by going to Megamind, which we both enjoyed. It was fun to spend the day with you Matt. I hope you have a wonderful year. We love you!

2 comments:

Debbie & Don said...

Happy birthday Matt,18 all ready?
We are glad you are on the family tree. Life would not be the same without you! we love you, aunt debbie and uncle don

Allie said...

Matt, you will ALWAYS be my favorite brother! I'm so glad that we are best pals. Love you!