Saturday, October 2, 2010

49 And Still Divine!


Those of you that think Richard is so serious really need to get to know him better. He is downright goofy.

What do you get for the man who has owning a BMW on his bucket list when you just don't have that kind of money? 2 tickets to ABBA MANIA! Those of you that know Richard know that he is a huge ABBA fan.

Happy 49th birthday, Richard.

Here he is taking us on one of our many family adventures. He is always such a good sport.

Here he is with his father, Bill, on their motorcycles. They have had so much fun riding together. Last summer they took a week and rode all through Colorado.
You are looking at 3 generations of goofballs, but we love them.

Richard and I have been married 24 years, so that means next year when he turns 50 he will have been married for half of his life. Zooey Mamma!

So many guys like to tell fish stories, but this is the real deal here. Have you ever seen a fish so big? No, he is not smoking a cigarette that is a sucker in his mouth.

He is a chicken lover, but what he really loves is Hot Tamales, Junior Mints, Boston Baked Beans and Good & Plenty. I think he learned to like some of those things because he knew that nobody in the family would ask him to share them.

Richard almost always has the highest bowling score when we bowl and he doesn't even wear brightly colored knee socks for luck. That is true talent!

One of the reasons I love him so much is because he is always willing to help out around the house.


He doesn't take enough time to unwind and relax but when he does he sure has fun.

He has an amazing sense of style.

Here he is with his mom, Terri, and his step-father, Les.

He loves to travel. He has been to England, Japan, Canada, Holland and Mexico.

In this picture, the lead rope on this horse is about to come undone and this horse is going to take off galloping. Richard was right there to rescue Paige and Kaylee and give them a priesthood blessing when they got hurt. We love our Dad, he is always there when we need him!

Richard doesn't always show his silly side to a lot of people, but I am lucky enough to have seen it often over the years.

If you ever wonder where the kids get their attitude, now you know.

Richard loves roller coasters almost as much as he loves his family.

I'm pretty sure this is sunscreen that hasn't been rubbed in well enough. The children probably told him he looked fine.
Who is that attractive couple?

The kids love their "poppy". Would you like to know a secret? Everyone thinks Richard is so tough, but the kids know that he is really a softy. The strict one is the Mom in this house. Shhh, don't tell his secret.

I guess I should have shown this picture of him looking tough and serious before I revealed that he is a softy.

Here he is with his Grandma Cluff. She has been gone for several years now and so she can't defend herself from any of the stories Richard tells about her. He claims that she used to have him work all day gathering pecans and that she only paid him a penny a bucket. I guess we have her to thank for his incredible work ethic. Happy birthday, Richard. We love you!

3 comments:

Jenny Knudsen said...

Happy Late birthday BISHOP! :)

Stacy said...

Oh! Happy Birthday! I love it when we get to see other sides of someone we have only known as Bishop or President. I knew he had to have a silly and soft side to live with the rest of you guys:)

chaos said...

what a great spotlight on Bishop Cluff...awesome! i thought he was a great bishop! thanks for sharing!