I think I've talked about this before, but for those of you who don't know, I decorate our front door every month. Why? I'm not sure, but it is something that I really enjoy and the rest of the family tolerates and so it has become tradition. This is what our door looked like in August and even though the message on the door has changed this month, the message from last month still holds true. Sometimes we have so many people going so many directions in this house that it does seem like a circus and then I stop and think, I sure am going to miss all of this when the children grow up and it is calm and quiet.

We have a family of squirrels living in our backyard and a few weeks ago they had 3 of the cutest baby squirrels you have ever seen. Well, actually, they weren't that cute when they were first born, but now that their tails are starting to fill in and get bushy they are really cute and they run all over the backyard playing.
Last week we got invited to a 50th birthday party for Richard's sister, Debbie. Everyone brought gifts so that the total number of gifts she received was 50. They were all placed in these bags and one by one she opened them. The gifts were awful, but the party sure was fun.
Here is Debbie in her "old lady" wheelchair and her husband Don. Thanks for hosting the party Don and for allowing us to clean out our cupboards and give Debbie all of the stuff that we don't want!
Paige and Kaylee have been playing volleyball every Thursday evening, thanks to Coach Matt who vowed to teach the neighborhood children sports. He survived the softball season and has gone on to begin teaching them volleyball.
Here is a file photo of Matt on the first day of school this year. (I had to use a file photo because it is not often that Matt will pose for a picture) Matt went to a Stake Youth Conference this Friday and Saturday and got up at 4 a.m. this morning to finish up some school projects that were due today. Way to participate in church activities and still get your homework done Matt!
I drove people around this weekend to all of their activities and went to a wedding reception in the evening. When Richard and I got married, we lived in our first Ward for 14 years. It was sure hard for me to leave that Ward, but the good news is that whenever I run into anyone from that Ward it is as if no time has passed at all and it sure is fun to visit. One of our friends from that Ward had a daughter that got married and Richard and I really enjoyed talking to people we don't get to see very often. That is one of the things that I love about the Church, serving with others creates life long friendships.
Paige is too young to go to the youth conference and too old to go to the activity day fun and so she planned to hibernate on Saturday. I knew she would be so sad if I let her sleep and she missed going to the baptism of a great new couple in our Ward. Paige is a good sport and she did go with me to the baptism. She and a friend went with Richard and I on Friday night to do baptisms at the temple. It sure is fun having a 12 year old in our house.
No comments:
Post a Comment