Thursday, August 13, 2009

First Day Of School Fun


One of our Cluff traditions is to go to Denny's for breakfast on the first day of school every year. That requires that we get up at 5 a.m., but some traditions are just worth a little sacrifice.

Decisions, decisions.

Everyone loves this tradition. We used to wonder why we didn't do first day of school dinner instead of breakfast because some years, some of the kids were so nervous that they would actually throw up after they ate and while we were driving to school. Yuck!

We are happy to report that we must be growing up because no one has thrown up (on the first day of school ) in at least 2 years now.

Here is the amazingly, patient man that makes it all possible.

Some of us are happier about the first day of school than others.
Allie is especially happy because school won't be starting for her for another 2 weeks.

Kaylee ordered chocolate chip pancakes, not weevil cakes as they may look like in this picture and yes, she did eat all of them. Another successful start of a school year for the Cluff family.

5 comments:

Loree said...

what a fun family tradition :) glad everyone survived their first day happily with no one losing their lunch or i mean breakfast ;) you are one COOL family! i just love the cluffs :)

Kim & Max Willis family said...

wow i never knew that you had that tradition!! thats fun!

Anonymous said...

What a great tradition! Makes me wish I could start all over again & do something fun. Alyce H.

nate and amy crandell said...

yum!! that is a GOOD tradition if you ask me :)

Stacy said...

I can't believe I found you, I don't know if I'll find my way back without marking you as a favorite, which I of course will. I love catching up with the kids and their facebook antics. Come check out the Johnson fam every once in a while. I hope when I grow up, I can be like you, Susan. What a fun summer and fun first day tradition.