My parents used to take me fishing at a pond in Tempe all of the time when I was growing up and now I get to take my children too. Even though the kids like to fish, nobody likes fishing at this pond more than me. Today was a good day and the fish did not disappoint us. We probably caught about 15 fish in the 45 minutes that we were at the park. And that is not a fish story, it is the truth!
So, are you wondering what we do with the glove, the car keys and the hot dog? Let me explain. The hot dog is what we use for bait and the fish love it! Thankfully all of my kids are old enough not to eat the bait hot dog anymore. When they were little I used to look over and see them eating out of the same bag that we had been getting into with our nasty, fish hands.The old glove is what I use to hold the fish so it doesn't flop all over while I am taking the hook out of its mouth before I throw it (the fish) back into the water. We Cluff's are humane you know. The car keys are what I use to perform fish surgery when an occasional fish swallows the hook instead of getting it caught in its lip. I don't like to brag, but I am pretty good at fish surgery and I haven't lost a patient in years. That is a little known life skill that really comes in handy.

No comments:
Post a Comment